Resin art pieces are like any fine artwork. The care involved is only a step further than you might use for other artwork, as the resin coating may fingerprint. Simply dampen (slightly) a clean, microfiber cloth and wipe gently. If stubborn fingerprint arises, a spot wipe with 70% isopropyl alcohol can do the trick. I would encourage you to only wipe the alcohol on that spot, just like you might do to clean an LCD tv.
Other considerations are as follows:
- Keep out of direct sunlight (most resin paintings can handle more indirect sunlight than watercolor, or other mediums).
- Dust regularly, as you would with any fine art (dry microfiber cloth).
- Handle gently, as resin art can scratch.
- Don’t expose to extreme temperature changes (although, almost any resin painting can be placed in a bathroom or kitchen).
- Hang the painting while wearing gloves.
- Enjoy with art lighting to expose the depth created in the many layers!
Enchanted Halo, resin, pastel, acrylic, & mica; 2018 by S. Hellums
Here is one of my recent favorites! Thanks for visiting!